Tuesday, September 20, 2016

[San Jose, CA] Fuji Sushi (Sushi Restaurant)

"Fuji Sushi is my favorite sushi place," She says.

After a long, grueling five-hour hike, my friend, Bria and I were pretty hungry, and in the mood to reward our hard work on the prestigious climb of East Bay California's highest peak, Mission Peak. So I asked her what she would like to eat, and she wanted sushi, but not at any old sushi place, she wanted Fuji Sushi.

Fuji Sushi is located along Downtown San Jose's busiest intersections (1st St & Santa Clara St). The exterior is quite cute with outdoor seatings. It is actually right next to two restaurants that I frequented in my collage days (Picasso's Tapas and City Bagel), so I am quite surprised that I had never noticed this place before. I also noticed that like most sushi places in the Santa Clara County area, Fuji Sushi is owned by Koreans. Not that that matters because what I had was delicious!

Upon entering we were immediately greeted by a smiling waitress that took us to our table. Like most sushi restaurants, the place was divided into two sections, the bar and the tables. The decor was nice, and the tables were sectioned off with thin walls of bamboo paper covers, giving the diners a sense of intimacy.



For appetizers, I had the JalapeƱo Bomb, that consist of deep fried JalapeƱos stuffed with spicy tuna and cream cheese. Oh geez, it was delicious. Not much on the heat, but big on the flavor! The seasoning is on point, and the textures are perfect! It had the perfect crunch on the outside and the perfect mush on the inside. I, wholeheartedly recommend this dish! It is like an explosion of delicious flavors in the mouth. ($7.95, 4 pcs.)


For the main course, I decided to go with their dinner bento, which is a gamble because I usually have something to complain about when it comes to bento boxes. It's either the food that does not taste fresh, or the seasoning is off, to something as small as the miso soup is not up to my over-privileged standards. However, with this bento, I had no complaints. My Beef Teriyaki was extremely tender and delicious, my Salmon Sashimi was fresh and perfect, and the Miso Soup was seasoned wonderfully.

So if you are ever in Downtown San Jose, California, and in the mood for some sushi, Fuji Sushi is always a good bet. It's Bria's favorite after all, and I am so grateful she shared it with me!

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click to read more on San Jose, California Restaurants!

No comments:

Post a Comment